The Alberton Railway Station was built of stone in 1904-1905. The first passenger train pulled into Alberton on May 8, 1875 and the last in 1964. The Station was closed in 1971. The Old Stone Station, which served as the train station for Alberton when the Railway still operated on Prince Edward Island. The Stone Station currently serves as the town Information Center, with hope of also becoming an Internet Cafe during the summer months.